What comes after choosing a country for your higher studies abroad? Deciding on the city that you want to study in! And if you have decided to study in Ireland, Limerick, as a city, will give you countless opportunities and benefits of living and studying in Ireland. This blog is going to be about Limerick and its advantages and facilities that it provides when studying in Ireland.
The past and the present: beginning with the history of the city, as known, one of the oldest cities in Ireland, which dates way older than London’s. Just imagine the cultural exposure you would be getting while studying in Limerick. And in recent times, the city has been awarded as no. 1 in European Cities for the Future in 2018-19.
While studying in Limerick you are bound to receive all the benefits that a student looks forward to while studying in an abroad country. Such as the city is big enough for you to explore cafes, restaurants, fun activities to do, find part-time jobs but also small enough for you to connect with people from your own community or the people who match your vibe!
The living costs and pay rates: this is where it gets real for all the students planning to study in Ireland. As per an online survey, an average person spends about 845 EUR every month for their living expenditure, which excludes other bills such as utilities and other miscellaneous expenses, while the annual per capita income is around 45,000 EUR.
Job opportunities such as software engineer, software developer, project manager, process engineer and other such field related jobs are in high demand in the city and people working in such domains get decent annual packages too! So, if you are someone who is looking for higher education abroad, studying in Limerick, Ireland will open doors of opportunities for you.
World class Universities: one of the perks of studying in Limerick is that you will get to choose from some world class universities, such as mentioned below. And graduating from such top ranked universities will add value to your resume which will in turn be sought after by the employers as well.
- The University of Limerick
- Technological University of Shannon – TUS
- Griffith College
Starting with the University of Limerick, the university has been listed under top 500 universities in the world, and has following rankings as well:
- 356th by World University Rankings by Subject,
- 191st for Graduate Employability, by the QS World University rankings 2023.
- a 5 star rating from the same platform for teaching, employability, research, facilities, innovation and internationalisation.
The facilities such as the language building, moot court, sports arena, a gymnasium, language learning hub and other facilities which will help the students to enjoy their term time and explore to the best of their abilities.
The Technological University of Shannon is a merger between Althone institute of technology and Limerick Institute of Technology.
- The university is listed under top 50 universities in Ireland, typically at the 34th position,
- The university is offering as many as 127 courses for the international students to choose from.
- The university has a special digital campus in Clonmel, for the pursers of degrees such as animation, digital marketing, creative media and design and other such courses.
Speaking of Griffith College, the institution has literally marked its territory in Ireland’s finest of the cities such as Dublin, Cork, and Limerick as well. Well needless to say that the student will get the best of both worlds while studying at such a renowned institution in such a vibrant city and the campus.
- The institution was established in 1974 and has gained an immense reputation in Ireland for serving the students with quality teaching and curricula.
- The college was placed at the 33rd position in 2021 records of QS Young Universities.
- The institution provides facilities such as library, student union, on-campus wifi, 14 computer labs, equipped with Macbooks and ios devices.
So dear study abroad aspirants, it is equally important to choose a suitable city as it is to choose a suitable study destination. To understand a country’s culture, you need to start with a city first, and if you are planning to study in Ireland, Limerick will give you the best possible exposure to Irish culture which will eventually help you as a student to develop connections.
“For more assistance regarding studying abroad in Ireland, talk to our study abroad experts at myglobaluni.”