Studying abroad is one of the crucial decisions that a student can make in his life and choosing the correct destination is the first step to successfully achieve his dreams and aspirations. Speaking of the correct study destinations, one must think about both the aspects, i.e, during the study and post-study benefits, that the country is offering an international student.
And Ireland has been becoming an excellent host for the international students by offering numerous benefits, via the credibility of its degrees, the lifestyle, the safe and friendly culture, post study work opportunities and many other factors.
Through this blog we intend to inform the students, who are looking forward to planning their education abroad, why they should choose Ireland for their study abroad plans.
- High-Quality Education: Irish universities are renowned for their academic excellence and world-class teaching standards. Ireland’s higher education system has a strong international reputation, as some Irish universities like Dublin Business School, Trinity College Dublin, Imperial College Dublin, and a few others are ranked in top 5% universities across the world.
Furthermore, Irish education is regarded as one of the best amongst the top 20 education systems in the world.
- Wide Range of Courses: Ireland’s universities offer a diverse range of courses and programs, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and research-based courses in various fields such as business, science, engineering, arts, and humanities. This means that students can find a program that matches their academic interests and career goals.
As many 35 higher educational institutions in Ireland offer more than 5000 programmes to meet the demands of the prospective students and these degrees are internationally accredited and quality assured.
- Affordable Living Costs: Ireland’s living costs are relatively affordable compared to other European countries, making it an ideal study abroad destination for Indian students. Accommodation, food, transportation, and other living expenses are reasonably priced, which helps students to manage their finances while studying.
However, the students will have to spend an estimated €9000 and €12,000 per year to sustain themselves in Ireland. Moreover, this budget will be affected, precisely, by the type of accommodation and the choice of city of the student, as well as the personal lifestyle.
- Part-time Job Opportunities: International students in Ireland are permitted to work part-time while studying, up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time during vacations.
International students are granted Immigration Permission Stamp 2 from the Irish Government which allows them to work for 20 hours a week and minimum wage that a student can get for an hour is 10.50 EUR. This way the student can manage up to some considerable amount of the living expenses.
- Safe, friendly, and Innovative: Ireland is known for its friendly people and welcoming culture, making it a safe and comfortable place for international students to live and study.
To support this fact, the record of the Global Peace Index suggests that Ireland stands on the 12th position in the world for being one of the happiest and the friendliest countries. The Bloomberg Innovation Index has reported that the country is the 16th most innovative country in the world.
- Internationally Recognized Qualifications: Irish universities and qualifications are recognized globally, which means that international students can gain qualifications that are widely respected and valued by employers around the world.
- Vibrant Student Life: Irish universities have a vibrant student life, with a range of clubs, societies, and events that provide opportunities to meet new people, socialize, and get involved in extracurricular activities. This helps to make the transition to studying in a new country easier and more enjoyable.
- Rich Cultural Heritage: Ireland is famous for its art and architecture, with many impressive examples of both to be found throughout the country. From ancient stone circles and ring forts to mediaeval castles and Gothic cathedrals, Ireland’s architectural heritage is a testament to the country’s rich history and cultural heritage.
Finally, Ireland’s landscape and natural beauty also play a role in its cultural heritage. The rugged coastline, rolling hills, and lush green countryside have inspired artists, poets, and musicians for centuries, and continue to be a source of inspiration for Irish culture today.
- Student Visa: International students require a student visa to study in Ireland, and the process is relatively straightforward. Once students have been accepted into a course, they can apply for a student visa, which allows them to stay in Ireland for the duration of their studies.
Ireland is one of the fastest growing popular countries amongst the international students because of the highest visa acceptance ratio of 90%. This seems far better than most of the mainstream countries like Australia, UK, Canada, and the entire European Union.
- Post-Study Work Options: International students who graduate from an Irish university are eligible to apply for a post-study work visa, which allows them to remain in Ireland for up to two years to look for employment. This provides an opportunity to gain work experience and potentially secure a job in Ireland after graduation.
The non-EU students who have attained a degree of NFQ level 8 or 9 are entitled for a time period of 12-24 months to find suitable employment. The students applying for a post-study work visa must hold a current Stamp 2 student immigration permission. To apply for the PSW, the student must submit the records of attending the college along with the examination results, a valid passport, an IRP card, and 300 EUR by debit/credit card for the approval.
In conclusion, studying in Ireland offers several benefits for international students, including high-quality education, affordable living costs, part-time job opportunities, safe and welcoming environment, internationally recognized qualifications, vibrant student life, rich cultural heritage, student visa, and post-study work options. These benefits make Ireland an attractive and a beneficial study abroad destination for Indian students and students from around the world.
For more assistance regarding studying abroad in Ireland, talk to our study abroad experts at myglobaluni.