The United Kingdom is one of the most popular study destinations in the world, attracting thousands of international students every year. After completing their studies, many of these students wish to stay and work in the UK. To make this possible, the UK government has introduced the new ‘Graduate’ route, also known as the Post Study Work Visa.
The Graduate route was launched in July 2021, and it allows international students to stay and work in the UK for up to 2 years after completing their studies. This new visa category replaces the Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme and is open to all international students who have successfully completed a degree at the undergraduate level or above at a UK Higher Education Provider.
Post-Study Work Visa UK Eligibility:
To be eligible for the Graduate route, international students must meet the following criteria:
- They must have completed a degree at the undergraduate level or above at a UK Higher Education Provider.
- They must have a valid Student visa at the time of application.
- They must have successfully completed their course of study.
- They must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a UK Higher Education Provider.
- They must meet the English language requirements.
UK Post Study Visa Basic Requirements:
To apply for the Graduate route, applicants must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport or travel document.
- A valid Student visa.
- A valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a UK Higher Education Provider.
- Evidence that they have successfully completed their course of study.
- Evidence that they meet the English language requirements.
UK Visa Interview Questions:
Applicants may also be required to attend an interview as part of the visa application process. Some of the questions that may be asked during the interview include:
- Why do you want to stay in the UK?
- What are your plans for after the Graduate route expires?
- How do you plan to support yourself while in the UK?
- What is your experience of living and studying in the UK?
- Have you ever been involved in any criminal activities?
What is the Cost of a UK Post Study Work Visa?
The cost of the Graduate route visa is £700 per applicant. This fee is in addition to the Immigration Health Surcharge, which is currently £624 per year for most applicants.
Things Possible or Not Possible After a UK Post-Study Work Visa?
After completing the Graduate route, international students may be eligible to switch to other UK visa categories, such as the Skilled Worker route or the Innovator route. However, it is important to note that the Graduate route does not lead to settlement in the UK.
What Next After the Visa Expires?
After the Graduate route visa expires, international students may be able to apply for other UK visa categories or return to their home country. It is important to plan ahead and explore different options before the visa expires to avoid any immigration issues.
In conclusion, the Graduate route is an excellent opportunity for international students to stay and work in the UK after completing their studies. By meeting the eligibility criteria and providing the necessary documents, international students can apply for this visa category and explore the different opportunities that the UK has to offer.
Thus, we hope that this blog has helped you understand the key essentials of applying for a UK Post-Study Work Visa. If you are planning to study in the UK, then you must know that September intakes are near. Reach out to our myglobaluni student-advisor and we’ll help you choose a suitable course and university that aligns with your interests and aspirations as well as throughout the process of getting admission in the UK for the coming September intakes