With eight of New Zealand’s universities having made the 2015 QS list of the top 500 worldwide universities, led by the University of Auckland at number 82, New Zealand has shown that size is irrelevant when it comes to accomplishments. Twenty polytechnics and institutes of technology are also located in New Zealand, where students can refine their practical abilities. These universities provide undergraduate and graduate vocational programmes in a range of disciplines.
In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of overseas students travelling to New Zealand to seek higher education. Over 46,000 international students currently reside in the nation, which shows that the academic climate is favourable and the academic curriculum is designed in accordance with the needs of the labour market. The educational system in New Zealand promotes pupils’ development of independent thought and employs instructional strategies that go beyond standard rote learning. What is one of New Zealand’s most popular courses that is attracting so many students? Master’s in Business Administration.
A broad field, business administration offers a wide range of tasks, working conditions, and career opportunities. Professionals in business administration labour to make sure that companies and organisations are managed profitably, successfully, and effectively.
In this article, we will explore the multifaceted sector of pursuing an MBA in New Zealand. Starting with the Reasons to study MBA in New Zealand-
- New Zealand has reasonably priced MBA schools that grant degrees that are recognised worldwide.
- The procedures for applying for entrance and a visa are simple.
- Strong personality development in pupils receives a lot of attention.
- International students have the chance to study the inner workings of numerous businesses’ global economies in-depth through MBA courses.
- Earning an MBA from New Zealand might pave the way for you to launch your own business.
- Despite the fact that business administration has long been one of the most well-liked courses in the world, it gives students the abilities they need to succeed in a workplace setting. Universities like the University of Canterbury are specifically designed for students who wish to develop their capacity for thinking and decision-making. The University of Canterbury, which is now ranked 211 globally among top universities, has produced hundreds of alumni who have gone on to enjoy exceptional success in both the public and private sectors in New Zealand and around the world. The university’s MBA programme has earned accreditation from the London-based Association of MBAs (AMBA), providing students with the security of high academic standards and access to reliable resources. Others, such as the University of Otago and the University of Auckland, are also in high demand, so it is not the only one.
Let’s now look at some of the Top Universities in New Zealand for an MBA Degree-
- The University of Otago– According to the QS Global MBA Ranking, the University of Otago’s Otago Business School is ranked first in New Zealand and number 151 globally. Additionally, it tops the QS Global MBA Ranking – Oceania list. According to the QS World University Rankings By Subject, it is ranked #151 globally and #6 in the country of New Zealand for Accounting & Finance. In the QS World University Rankings By Subject for Business & Management Studies, it is ranked #2 in New Zealand and #151 globally. In the THE World University Rankings by Subject – Times Higher Education for Business and Economics, the University of Otago is ranked #2 in New Zealand and #126 globally.
- Victoria University of Wellington- According to the QS World University Rankings By Subject, the Graduate School of Business and Government Management at Victoria University of Wellington is ranked #102 globally and #2 in New Zealand for accounting and finance. In terms of Business & Management Studies, it is ranked #201 globally and #3 in New Zealand by the QS World University Rankings By Subject. In terms of business and economics, Victoria University of Wellington is ranked #7 in New Zealand and #301 globally by THE World University Rankings by Subject – Times Higher Education.
- The University of Canterbury- According to the QS World University Rankings By Subject, the College of Business & Economics at the University of Canterbury is ranked #151 globally and #5 globally in New Zealand for Accounting & Finance. In terms of business & management studies, it is ranked #251 globally and #6 in New Zealand by the QS World University Rankings By Subject. In terms of business and economics, the University of Canterbury is ranked #151 globally and #4 in New Zealand by THE World University Rankings by Subject – Times Higher Education.
- The University of Auckland- According to the QS World University Rankings By Subject, the University of Auckland’s Business School is ranked first in New Zealand and number 53 globally in the fields of accounting and finance. In terms of business, it is also ranked #1 in New Zealand and #88 globally by the URAP University Ranking by Academic Performance – By Subject. In terms of business & management studies, the University of Auckland’s Business School is ranked #94 globally and #1 in New Zealand by the QS World University Rankings By Subject.
- The Auckland University of Technology- The Faculty of Business at Auckland University of Technology is ranked #101 globally and #3 globally in New Zealand for Accounting & Finance by the QS World University Rankings By Subject. In terms of Business & Management Studies, it is ranked #201 globally and #4 in New Zealand by the QS World University Rankings By Subject. THE World University Rankings by Subject – Times Higher Education place Auckland University of Technology at number five in New Zealand and number three hundred and thirty-one globally in the categories of business and economics.
Cost of studying MBA in New Zealand-
Every budget can be accommodated by the flexible educational system used in New Zealand. Everywhere in the nation, there is a good work-life balance, a modest cost of living, and a high standard of living. International students’ tuition varies depending on the type of course, the university, and the total length of the programme. Most institutions charge between $26,000 and $37,000 in tuition, with greater costs for courses like medicine and veterinary science. International students who plan to study in New Zealand for longer than a year must demonstrate that they have at least $15,000 saved up to cover their first year’s living expenses. International students studying abroad for less than a year must have at least $1,250 to cover living expenses for each month of study. The cost of living for overseas students will entirely depend on their lifestyle and where they reside in the nation.
Financial Aids and Scholarship-
International students will also have the chance to work part-time to lower their living costs, thus lowering the cost of living. Students from other countries are allowed to work 20 hours per week and full time on designated holidays. Part-time job opportunities will allow students to minimise their living expenses while also giving them the ability to gain essential work experience in their chosen field. International students have access to a variety of scholarship programmes, which are described on university websites, just like at most universities. Students who plan to pursue higher study in New Zealand are eligible for a variety of scholarships offered by the government of New Zealand, educational institutions, foreign governments, and private funding sources. These scholarship initiatives aim to introduce and promote New Zealand’s top-notch educational system. Some are-
- Richard A. Freund International Scholarship- The scholarship is given for graduate work in the theory and practice of overall quality management, quality assurance, quality control, and improvement. All New Zealand universities’ master’s degree programmes are eligible for this award. This scholarship is worth a total of USD 5,000 and is given to one student for the duration of the academic year.
- The VueVille Future Technology Scholarship 2017– This grant is given to help undergraduate, graduate, and college seniors pursue their educational goals. This scholarship is given to one student in a single academic year and is worth a total of USD 1,000. It is open to all students studying in any stream in New Zealand.
- QS Scholarship For Academic Excellence- The QS Scholarship For Academic Excellence was created to help candidates stand out for their extraordinarily high levels of academic excellence. The scholarship, which is available to New Zealand students pursuing a Master’s in Business Administration, is given to one student each year and has a total value of USD $10,000.
Eligibility Criteria for pursuing MBA in New Zealand
The following are the fundamental criteria for admission shared by all New Zealand universities-
- Candidates must have three to four years of professional experience in their chosen field of study (may vary according to university).
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or TOEFL results must be presented by non-native English speakers and international students.
- International students must additionally submit their GMAT or GRE scores, depending solely on the university and course they have chosen.
- Depending totally on the university and the course chosen, the length of the MBA programme could vary.
Documents required for pursuing MBA in New Zealand-
The following documents must be submitted by applicants at the time of admission for the admissions process-
- a current passport
- filled-out application and two passport-size pictures
- original and genuine school and/or college transcripts
- A résumé
- reference letters
- any necessary essays
- Statement of Purpose
- Loan applications
- financial records
- Essay for a scholarship, if applicable
- other supporting documents required by the university
Admission Process for studying MBA in New Zealand-
- Step 1: Fill the online application form on the official website of any New Zealand university.
- Step 2: Complete the application form and submit the requested scanned copies of your papers and documents.
- Step 3: Download the application form, complete it, and submit it. You must also pay the application fees (if any).
- Step 4: Online interviews would take place after the evaluation process.
- Step 5: If you are a qualified applicant, the university will mail you an official invitation letter or offer letter.
- Step 6: Submit an application for a student visa and let the college know when you plan to arrive.
Requirements for Student and Work Visas to Study MBA in New Zealand-
Candidates should start the process of applying for a student visa as soon as they have received confirmation that they have been accepted into the university’s MBA degree programme. A student visa is required if you plan to stay in New Zealand for longer than three months. According to statistics, between 90,000 and 95,000 students relocate to New Zealand each year to continue their studies. However, a student visa costs about $265 and can be acquired by cheque or cash. A maximum of 20 hours per week and full-time during holidays are allowed for international students enrolled in full-time programmes. If international students are currently jobless and seeking for work after graduation, the government also provides them a 12-month visa. After graduating, those who get a job in New Zealand must apply for a “Graduate Work Experience” visa. They would be able to remain in New Zealand for the following two years thanks to this.
Because of New Zealand’s reputation for excellent education and performance and the presence of internationally renowned MBA-granting universities there, pursuing an MBA in New Zealand is a terrific decision. A master’s degree in business management (MBA) is more than just a credential; it’s a programme of study that will prepare you for the corporate world via both academic and practical experiences. One of the top 20 nations that provides a decent return on investment after earning an MBA is New Zealand. Pursue an MBA Degree in New Zealand with myglobaluni.
myglobaluni is a leading study abroad platform that helps students to find the right study abroad programs, colleges, & universities. Call now: +79-48975321 for study abroad counselling.