In terms of opportunity, remuneration, and career progression, hospitality management, or hotel management, is one of today’s most rewarding jobs. The industry includes the operation of hotels, restaurants, and resorts for the enjoyment of clients. Hospitality managers are responsible for overseeing administrative chores in hotels or resorts, applying management concepts in the hospitality sector, coordinating with personnel, and ensuring the smooth running of daily operations in hotels or resorts. This blog covers the finest universities in Canada for studying Masters in Hospitality Management. Hospitality management is a broad phrase that encompasses a variety of industries such as hotels and resorts, the leisure industry, food and beverage, travel, and event management.
Every year, Canadian colleges get thousands of overseas applications for hospitality management courses for the following reasons. Canada is ranked third in the world for the outstanding level of higher education at Canadian universities. International students can receive extensive understanding of the hospitality business, which will help them land better jobs. People who desire to immigrate to Canada can benefit from studying hotel management. Professionals who have completed a postgraduate diploma, degree, or certificate course in hospitality management can apply for a work permit and find a high-paying hospitality job in Canada.
In this article, we will explore the details regarding pursuing a Master’s Degree in Hotel Management from Canada, beginning with some reasons as to why choose Canada to get a Master’s Degree in Hotel Management from-
- A master’s degree in hotel management focuses on the administration, hospitality, communication, problem-solving ability, and many other important aspects of this industry. Hotel management has grown in scope as employment and experience opportunities have multiplied. Hotel management practice in Canada is a synthesis of excellent education and practical job experience.
- In Canada, the starting salary for hotel management ranges from 39,000 to 80,000 CAD per year. Furthermore, pay increases considerably as seniority levels climb.
- The best hotel management schools in Canada have differentiated themselves around the world by providing the most extensive infrastructure. Canada is well-known for providing outstanding educational and career opportunities to international students.
- Some of Canada’s top hotel management schools provide PG, UG, and doctoral degree programmes to students. These universities also offer various popular certificates as well as a postgraduate degree in hotel administration.
- Aside from bachelor’s and master’s degrees in hospitality management, several Canadian universities offer a one-year postgraduate diploma or six-month certificate programme in hotel management, food and beverage management, event management, and hospitality management. International candidates are given the option of selecting the best-suited programme based on their academic or skill criteria.
Master of Hotel Management in Canada – Course Details
Universities in Canada that specialize in hotel management are well-known for providing cutting-edge, rewarding, and unique education to both domestic and international students. The following bullet points summarize the course details-
- Duration-Two to five years
- Type- Full-time and part-time
- Mode- Online and Offline mode
- Annual Tuition Fees: 20,000 to 40,000 CAD on average.
- Average annual salary: 52,416 CAD.
Top Hotel Management Schools in Canada
Hotel management courses in Canada are designed to provide students with a basis for an expanded understanding of, among other things, the hotel industry, sanitation, food science, dining, cuisine planning and production, and event management. The following are some of the best hotel management schools in Canada-
- University of Guelph
- Royal Roads University
- Centennial College
- Humber College
- Fanshawe College
- St Clair College
Eligibility for a Master’s Degree in Hotel Management in Canada
The following are the fundamental criteria for a Master’s Degree in Hotel Management in Canada-
- Educational Requirements: A bachelor’s degree and high school transcripts are two of the most basic requirements for obtaining a master’s degree in hotel management in Canada. The vast majority of hotel management courses in Canada include mathematics as one of the required subjects for entry.
- Test Scores: As an international student, you must demonstrate your English language proficiency with the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or other tests. To enrol in financial courses in Canada, an overseas student must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, depending on the school or programme.
- When applying to programmes such as the MBA in hospitality management in Canada, you may be required to submit your GMAT or GRE results.
Documents Required for a Master’s Degree in Hotel Management in Canada
Applicants to hotel management programmes in Canada must provide the following documentation-
- Transcripts from high school, middle school, and senior school.
- A TOEFL score of at least 88 and an IELTS score of at least 6 are required.
- A well-written CV should include your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and, if applicable, skill certifications.
- A persuasive statement of purpose (SOP) that explains why you want to study hotel management in Canada.
- At least two letters of recommendation from field mentors, colleagues, or teachers.
- A valid passport is required to acquire a student visa for Canada.
Admission Procedure for a Master’s Degree in Hotel Management in Canada
The following summarizes the admission process for a master’s degree in hotel management in Canada-
- Step 1: Choose a curriculum and a university in Canada to begin your hotel management degree or certificate.
- Step 2: Submit the application form together with the requisite fee.
- Step 3: Transcripts must be sent along with any additional material asked by the university, such as a Statement of Purpose, portfolio, Letters of Recommendation, and work experience documentation.
- Step 4: You may also be asked to take part in an interview.
- Step 5: Apply for any scholarships or financial help available at your university.
- Step 6: Wait for the admissions decision.
Tuition Cost for a Masters Degree in Hotel Management in Canada
Postgraduate degree, postgraduate diploma, and graduate certificate programmes in hotel management range in price from 20,000 to 30,000 Canadian dollars per year. Some courses might cost up to 40,000 CAD depending on your university or programme. Aside from programme costs, students should spend between 900 and 1500 CAD per month for living expenses in Canada. This estimate is based on one person’s basic needs, which include food, lodging, clothing, transportation, and other incidentals.
For Indian Students– The tuition for hotel management in Canada ranges from 9 to 22 lakhs a year for Indian students. The cost of living in Canada for Indian students is between 2.5 lakhs and 5 lakhs per year. Students can apply for financial aid such as scholarships or bursaries to help cover the costs of their studies. They can also work part-time while studying or perform internships to help fund their personal expenses.
Scholarships for Masters of Hotel Administration in Canada
Many university-specific, privately funded, and government-sponsored scholarships are available to international students at Canada’s leading hotel management universities. These are as follows-
- Canadian Hospitality Foundation, Canadian Government
- International Entrance Scholarships, Humber College
- OHI College/ University Entrance Scholarship, Ontario Hostelry Institute
- International Student Scholarships, Humber College
Jobs and Salary in Canada Following a Masters in Hotel Management
After earning their master’s degree in hospitality management in Canada, international students can apply for well-paying jobs such as hotel manager, manager, dining supervisor, guest attendant, restaurant manager, hospitality manager, house operations, director of housekeeping, sales manager, and event planner are all examples of positions in the hospitality industry. The best hotel management colleges in Canada may help you achieve your goals. A hotel manager in Canada can anticipate an annual basic salary of 52,416 CAD.
|JOB ROLE||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY IN CAD|
|Operation Manager: An operations manager is an important part of the management team who is in charge of high-level HR activities such as recruiting top talent and defining training needs and hiring rules.||35,000-81,500|
|General Manager: A general manager is in charge of monitoring the entire business’s operations as well as increasing productivity and departmental profitability.||34,000 to 93,500|
|Food Service Manager: The food service manager is in charge of managing the day-to-day operations of a restaurant.||43,500-86,000|
|Restaurant Manager: In order to decrease expenses while providing customers with a high-quality dining experience, restaurant managers are in charge of organising and managing their establishment’s daily operations.||27,000-45,000|
|Executive Director: Executive Directors are in charge of developing business plans, managing day-to-day operations, improving performance, defining corporate culture, supervising department heads, providing financial reports, and leading organisational strategy.||37,000-96,000|
Working in hospitality and hotel management may be quite rewarding. To acquire a good job and have a successful career, you must set your goals early in your education. For example, if you enjoy cooking and want to work as a chef, having a few certificates from short courses on your resume is beneficial. Canada is one of the most popular destinations for adults seeking to pursue a wide choice of master’s degree or certificate programmes in hospitality management. A master’s degree in hospitality management programme might last anywhere from 12 to 24 months. In addition to the minimal academic requirement of a 2.5 GPA, many universities need prior work experience in the hospitality management profession. Working professionals who wish to learn about hospitality, tourism management, and customer service prefer post-graduate diploma or certificate courses in hospitality management.
Do you wish to study in Canada? Sign up for a consultation and get answers to any questions you have about studying in Canada and queries on any Study Abroad Canada topics at myglobaluni.
myglobaluni is a leading study abroad platform that helps students to find the right study abroad programs, colleges, & universities. Call now: +91-7337781100 for study abroad counselling.